Video conferencing is a great form of communication for your business! Audio and visual communication can boost the productivity of your company! It allows meetings to take place anytime, anywhere. However, it is not just for meetings! You can use it for job interviews, presentations, and other projects. You will also be able to record the web conference for future playback and training.
What equipment is needed?
Benefits of video calls
There are many benefits of video calls:
- Low travel costs: Meetings can take place at any location.
- More efficient: Save time traveling to and from meetings.
- More productive: Fewer misunderstandings and a higher level of focus
- Better communication: Body language and expressions are shown.
Is it secure?
There are steps that you can take to protect your business:
- Set security guides: Outline the guidelines that employees should follow and the consequences if they do not follow them. Password management will protect all devices involved.
- Secure networks and devices: Secure Wi-Fi networks with all devices and only allow devices to connect if they are approved.
- Update your system: This will improve protection and security.
Presenting in a video call?
If you are using PowerPoint, here are some useful tips:
- Use a background that does not distract from the content.
- The font should be easy to read
- Use visual aids, for example, bar charts.
- Keep the slides simple but effective.
- Use short sentences, short paragraphs and bullet points.
- If there is important information, highlight it.
When you are presenting, make sure you start with an overview of the meeting. Avoid reading the points on the slides word-for-word and instead, expand on the points. If you are presenting in a video conference call, you can click the presentation icon on your screen to switch between screens. If you are a participant, you can also control what is on the screen via the slider feature in presentation mode.
What network bandwidth is best?
The network connection is very important for the quality of a video call. See the table below for a comparison of networks and the quality produced (H.323).
|384||Commodity Internet ISDN|
Poor Quality/ Static Video
Here are some of our favorite products that are available on our site-
- HD 720p widescreen video recording
- 73° field of view
- Wideband microphone
- 90° field of view
- HD 1080p video
- 4x digital zoom
- 94º field of view
- 4x optical zoom
- 4K Ultra HD quality
- 1080p HD video at 30 fps
- Full-duplex speakerphone
- Remote control for pan, tilt, zoom, and navigation
- 90-degree field of view with 260-degree pan