Ensuring safety in your manufacturing work environments
For both employees and employers in the manufacturing industry, hearing protection should be high on the list of priorities. Most importantly, it protects individuals against the lasting damage that exposure to loud sounds can cause, but it also ensures that companies are operating within the law. Given that for environments working with sounds above 85 decibels, appropriate ear defense is mandatory. (If you would like to learn more about the dangers of high-level sound, then take a look at this article.)
Some of the noisiest manufacturing environments with the greatest % of employees working exposed to 90 decibels or more include:
- Lumber and wood
- Petroleum and coal
- Primary metals
- Printing and publishing
- Fabricated metals
So if you are working in these environments, check out our list of recommendations for ear defenders for manufacturing.
However, if you are unsure if this refers to you, give our team of experts a call at 0333 123 3050!
It can be difficult to know the best devices for you, due to the vast variety of products on offer. Therefore we have compiled a list of what we think are the best hearing protection for manufacturing to save you the hassle!
Our Recommendations for Ear Defenders for Manufacturing
- High attenuating – SNR: 32-33db
- Built-in PMR446 radio with PTT on-ear pads
- Noise-canceling microphone and VOX
- PTT on-ear pads
- 8 channels, 38 sub-channnels
- Voice-guided menu
- Range: up to 3000m*
- High attenuation ear protection – SNR 35dB
- Double cup technology minimizes resonance
- Good speech intelligibility
- Adjustable headband with soft wide cushions and liquid-filled sealing rings
- Protective ear muffs
- Stereo sound quality
- 5 levels of adjustment
- 3.5mm jack compatible with mobiles and walkie talkies
- Clamping headband version
Visit our website at onedirect.co.uk or give our team of experts a call at 0333 123 3050, for any advice or queries!