Did you know that room size is important when buying a conference phone? It is vital to know which product is right for you and your company. In fact, correct use of the device can help grow your business. Therefore, the information below offers advice based on different room sizes, complete with our top picks for each size room.
Up to 6 people
Room size (approx.): 12′ × 10′
Approx microphone coverage: 5-7 feet
This room could be a home office or a small conference room. The users are close to the microphones. In addition, the small size and furniture in the room also limit the chance of echos.
- Acoustic echo cancellation
- Full duplex speaker
- HD Voice technology
- 2m Microphone, 360º pick-up range
The Konftel 55 is a highly versatile conference phone for meetings and conferences with up to 6 people, connecting via USB to your PC or laptop. An incredibly versatile phone, it can also be connected to mobiles or desk phones with additional cables (sold separately).
- Up to 6m range
- High resolution LCD touch screen display
- OmniSoundHD – superior audio quality
- Flexible connectivity – VoIP, desk phones, mobile phones and tablets
The Cisco 7832 offers a sleek, modern design that fits in nicely with today’s more contemporary offices. It’s ideal for your small conference room, as well as for private office desks, such as those of the executives.
- Full duplex technology and echo cancellation
- 360º microphone coverage
- Pixel-based display with anti-glare bezel
- VoIP system for small conference rooms
Up to 12 people
Room size (approx.): 12′ × 15′
Approx microphone coverage: 10-12 feet
This is a standard conference room or larger office. There are more challenges with this size room. These include; more participants, echo noise and air vents. Therefore, expansion microphones are recommended.
The Yealink CP965 features a black acoustics fabric that enhances crystal-clear audio and is resistant to water, oil, and stain. Furthermore, its ultra-thin body, appropriate desktop fit, and conveniently hidden wiring slot give a sleek and clean look to conference rooms.
- 5″ capacitive touchscreen
- Built-in 12 microphone array for 360º voice pickup
- Built-in microphone for noise-cancelation
- Full duplex speakerphone with AEC
The Phoenix Spider MT505 USB and VoIP Conference Phone is a superior and advanced solution to modern day conferencing. In addition, the Phoenix Spider provides crystal clear sound quality which makes it ideal for boardrooms, conference rooms and offices.
With the Poly Trio C60 conference phone, you’ll have everything you need to make the sound of a meeting a success. In fact, the conference phone fits any room, medium or large with its 360º field of view and 6-metre range.
- 360º sound coverage with a 6-meter range
- Designed for video conferencing
- IP audio conferencing is ideal for medium to large rooms
- SIP Ethernet network connection, via Bluetooth or USB
More than 12 people
Room size (approx.): 20′ × 15′
Approx microphone coverage: 12 feet + (and additional audio systems)
Expansion microphones are vital so that everyone can be heard. Additionally, other audio systems can be used to improve clarity and sound performance.
The Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800 is the first smart hub for group collaboration that transforms the iconic three-point conference phone into a voice, video and content sharing system that can fit into any large or small environment.
- Three-point conference phone
- Polycom HD Voice and NoiseBlock
- 5-inch colour LCD
- 360º microphone coverage
The Konftel 300Wx is a versatile wireless conference phone which connects to DECT systems, mobiles, or computers via USB for diverse conferencing possibilities in rooms of up to 30m².
- OmniSound 2.0 audio technology
- Supports expansion microphones for larger meetings
- Up to 60 hours of talk time
- Omnidirectional microphone
- Connect expansion mics up to 20m
- 5-inch Android touchscreen system
- 360º voice pickup range
- 5-way conference call