Reasons to invest in video conferencing systems and things to consider when evaluating them
Are you familiar with video conferencing systems? What are the reasons that could make you invest in it? What should be taken into account when evaluating these solutions? This article will give you a detailed outline of why and how to assess purchasing decisions.
This blog post provides an in-depth guide on how to analyse video conferencing systems to determine the best fit for your company. It discusses the several kinds of video conferencing systems that are available as well as selection criteria to take into account. It also offers guidance on how to make the most of the equipment and make a video conference successful.
Five reasons to invest in video conferencing systems for your business:
Video conferencing and hybrid working have been very much in the spotlight recently, and that is for a reason. What benefits does this video conferencing trend highlight? What are the purposes of these technologies?
Productivity is at the heart of every work environment. When we discuss workplace productivity, we mostly refer to the amount of work completed in a specific working environment over a specific amount of time. Theoretically, productivity should be maximised when a business is fully operational and operating at capacity.
Efficiency in the workplace is the capacity to maximise output while maximising quality with the least amount of resources and unnecessary costs.
But what differentiates productivity from efficiency?
Efficiency measures how effectively a given set of resources are used to provide a certain good or service. While productivity measures how much output is created from those resources. Efficiency focuses on how resources are used, while productivity focuses on what those resources are used for.
How does video conferencing improve productivity?
Video meeting is a good way to communicate and collaborate from a distance. It might be that you are more productive at home or happen to travel a lot. Online gatherings allow you to work from anywhere at any time. Remote collaboration also enables more flexibility, scheduling your time how you want it, and losing less time travelling from and to your workplace. Multitasking can be a great way to fit in extra tasks, like chores, during work hours. For example, start your laundry at lunchtime, and have it done by the time you finish working. That way you can enjoy your weekends and spend more time with the people you love.
It is essential for us to provide the most suitable and modern technologies for your home office now that remote working has been democratised and implemented in the majority of offices. Adapted home office solutions will enhance the video, audio, and image quality of your meetings and cut down on installation and plug-in time. Have a look at our home-working bundles and get your home office equipped.
Remote working is made easier with Logitech’s solutions such as their PC webcams with full HD resolution and easy connection.
Collaboration is the process of working with a team of people to accomplish a common aim or objective in the workplace. In order to achieve a desired result, requires collaboration, open communication, and a willingness to exchange tools and ideas.
Who said you couldn’t communicate with your co-workers? Distanced communication allows for more collaboration in and outside the workspace. Whether you are working remotely or at the office you will always be able to contact your colleagues as if you were standing face-to-face.
The EXPAND Vision 3T from EPOS is an example of professional and highly performant video conferencing bundle for more collaborative meetings. With a speaker, a video bar, and a remote control, your video and audio quality is ensured. Find out more about the EPOS Expand Vision Range here!
You can utilise the tools at your disposal from online software and conferencing platforms. Share your screen, your files, or any tool you might need thanks to user-centric platforms and improve your team’s collaboration. With the ability to see all your coworkers’ calendars, you can arrange and organise meetings more easily. No need to waste time finding a room to have your team’s gathering anymore. In addition, collaboration with associates around the world will be simplified with more flexibility when it comes to adapting to different time zones, as you can adjust your schedule.
With the Barco Clickshare wireless presentation buttons you can turn your meetings into interactive presentations. This hassle-free remote collaboration system allows you to share content with no prior installation required. If you want to find out more about wireless video conferencing means, check out our blog article here.
Online meeting increases engagement by delivering an interactive experience that allows individuals to connect face-to-face, removing the obstacles that often exist in remote communication. This fosters greater relationships, stimulates more active participation, and raises the level of trust among participants. Another benefit of video communication is that it makes it simpler for individuals to share information and ideas. A larger number of attendees can utilise it to hold larger assemblies. For instance, you will be capable of holding an online corporate session with all your company without having to move from your desk or needing to organise a conference room.
With touchscreen and whiteboard technology, interactive screens are perfect for business or education purposes. Newline screens will bring up-to-date quality to your conference room or classroom. The 4K Ultra High Definition and embedded blue light filter will protect your eyes while providing a greater viewing experience. Find out more about the new all-in-one collaboration tools here.
Not sure how and which interactive screen to choose? Click here.
How does video conferencing increase engagement?
If you tend to be intimidated by face-to-face interactions, virtual conferences can help you improve meeting participation by allowing you to finally speak up. The “raise your hand” function allows you to ask whenever you want to speak, thus splitting speaking time more evenly.
Speaking in front of a lot of people can be challenging and stressful. You can now limit your fear of crowds and speak freely or look at your notes whenever you draw a blank with the ability to do online presentations.
You can also make your speech look more appealing with more interactive and attractive displays. For instance, with the whiteboard function, or the ability to put yourself in different settings.
4. Cost savings
Business travel expenses, such as those for accommodation, food, and other related costs, can be greatly decreased with the use of video calling. It also decreases time away from the office, allowing workers to be more productive. In addition, remote collaboration eliminates the need for long-distance calls and facilitates scheduling and meeting attendance.
Lower consumption costs
Remote meetings will reduce everyday travel and also limit pollution and carbon emissions at the same time. Costs associated with in-person gatherings such as furniture, food, and space will also be reduced. In addition, virtual gatherings tend to bring lower costs of ownership for video conferencing systems. In fact, cloud-based services and subscription-based services will save you from buying expensive video and audio equipment.
Online collaboration enhances security by enabling businesses to interact with remote employees, customers, and vendors without exposing sensitive information. Additionally, it eliminates the need for actual travel, which can pose a security concern. Businesses may also manage who has access to their chats and data through video conferencing, as well as monitor and record any talks. One can quite helpfully limit unauthorised access and data theft.
Now that you are convinced that you should invest in a video conferencing solution for your business, what are the things to consider when assessing those video conferencing systems?
Ten Things to Consider when assessing video conferencing systems:
From a customer perception
- Cost: Cost is one of the very first things every consumer considers when looking to purchase an item. Here are the general costs you should evaluate: the total cost of owning this software, now and in the future, and taking into account potential longer-term costs. Take time to really compare different models and their features, as well as find discounts.
- Scalability: consider the number of people and the size of the room you will be using the equipment for. Larger room sizes require more audio inputs and outputs as well as higher video quality. You want to have everyone in the room showing in the frame.
- Security: your data safety is essential, especially if you work in a field where sensitive information is shared. That is why you should look into robust security features.
- User experience: how easy is the technology to work on? Who will use it? Easy-to-use and consumer-centric tools are getting prevalent to facilitate user experience daily. Find the solution that will fit your needs.
From a technical point of view
- Video quality: One of the most important things to take into account when selecting a video conferencing tool is video quality. Poor video quality can result in poor communication, which can cause misunderstandings and miscommunications. The quality of the video has an impact on the user’s experience as well because pixelated and blurry images can be confusing. Additionally, high-quality video can make a meeting more interesting and effective.
- Compatibility: have a look into the compatible conferencing software and support you will require. Some collaboration systems come with integrated meeting platforms and some offer diverse connections. Do you mostly use one meeting or do you usually switch from one to another?
- Integration: Integrating additional programs and services with your video conferencing solution can increase your productivity and efficiency. It allows you to effortlessly access and exchange data, launch meetings from other apps, and share material from one platform to another. Additionally, it makes it possible for consumers to have an improved user interface by removing the need to transition between programs and services. By integrating your applications and services, you can give users a more unified experience and make sure everything runs well.
From a practical perspective
- Mobility: When picking an online meeting solution, users should consider its mobility, which allows them to use the service no matter where they are or when they need it. This is especially crucial for remote or distant teams, as it allows for greater cooperation and production. Regardless of the device they use or where they are, everyone can engage in the conversation thanks to a mobile-friendly solution.
- Network requirements: connectivities and installation can be a real struggle. Nowadays, most conferencing systems nowadays come with quick plug-and-play connection, but you should examine which cable you already own and what it will connect to. Check that you have the right cable length according to the size of the room.
- Support: When selecting a video conferencing system, support is crucial since it can help guarantee that the service is trustworthy and reliable and that any difficulties or issues can be easily rectified. Offering advice and suggestions on how to use the solution successfully, it can also help you make the most of your investment. Finally, assistance can provide reassurance that any data and security issues are being addressed carefully and successfully.