Looking for the best Bluetooth headset to use on the daily commute or for the office? This guide makes choosing the best one for you a breeze.
A Bluetooth headset is a great option for people who need to stay connected on the go. Allowing users to take calls no matter where they are, the world is your office. However, with so many on the market promising different features, it can be difficult to decide on the perfect one for you. Here at Onedirect we understand this difficulty and have made a handy guide to choosing a Bluetooth headset. From what to consider, to our favorite headsets to buy, we cover it all! Meaning there´s no excuse not to grab your perfect headset today.
Features to look out for when choosing a Bluetooth headset
Our daily lives are filled with background noise that goes unnoticed- from traffic to other people’s conversations we are surrounded by noise. However, these background sounds can be a nightmare when making important telephone calls. Noise cancellation can make your life much easier, especially if you work in a loud office environment. Active noise cancellation detects ambient noise and counters it by omitting its own secondary sound. Equally important, Passive noise reduction is due to the physical design of the ear cup, and how it fits over the ear. Some of the top models also feature three microphones, which make them more effective in canceling out background noise, in turn giving you superior sound quality.
Mono, Stereo, and HD sound
Perhaps the most important feature to consider is sound quality. However many Bluetooth Headsets boast impressive sounds but don´t deliver on this. Mono headsets feature a single earpiece providing sound to one ear. This design works well on the commute, when you need to be aware of your surroundings, or in an office environment where you are interacting with other employees while needing to take calls.
If you need to be able to concentrate on your call and not be distracted, a headset with two earpieces and stereo sound will suit you best, providing you with good sound quality together with an immersive experience.
If you’re looking for a headset with the very best sound quality, you should be considering HD sound. HD sound headsets operate at 16 kHz, unlike the standard 8 kHz, giving you the highest possible audio quality.
Battery life is another very important factor to consider when purchasing a headset. Although some users may be able to charge their headsets regularly if you are planning on using your headset on the move you should definitely look for a headset with longer battery life. Normally, the bulkier the headset, the longer the battery life. However, some of the high-end, sleeker, and more compact models have battery lives that give their bulky counterparts a run for their money. If you need long battery life, keep in mind that generally, headsets with a battery life of over 6 hours are the most suitable. In addition, some headsets provide portable charging ports which add all-important battery life on the go.
Comfort and design
Comfort and design are key considerations if you’re going to be using your headset regularly and for long periods. Some people favor over-ear headsets, while others find earbuds much more comfortable. It’s a personal choice. Have thought about if you’re more comfortable with a headset that sits snugly in your ear, one that rests on top of it, or has a headband. It’s important that you find the right fit for you. In terms of design, gone are the days of chunky and unwieldy headsets, most nowadays have a sleek design so that you don’t have to worry about looking unprofessional whilst wearing one.
The voice command functionality has become increasingly important for people living busy lives. Most headsets allow the user to check battery life, answer and reject calls, and pair with their devices. Nowadays we can use the voice command functionality alongside features that are built into our smartphones, tablets, and other Bluetooth devices. This makes the headsets easier to use while driving, exercising, or working. If you plan to use it on the move, for example when you’re commuting, it’s an important consideration, and will make your life much simpler when you need to take a call!
Multi-point pairing keeps all of your audio needs in one place. For example, if you’re playing music off your computer and your phone begins to ring, the headset will pause the music and receive the call instead. Multi-point also allows you to connect to more than one phone at a time, useful if you need to take calls from your mobile as well as from your desk phone. Most headsets either have simple multi-point or advanced multi-point. Both allow you to connect to two devices at a time, however, while simple multi-point drops the first call if you answer a second, advanced multi-point can put the first call on hold.
When you’re on your daily commute, the last thing you want to be worrying about is missing important calls. Using a headset with your mobile solves that problem. There is a large range on the market, with different wearing styles and functionalities. Here are the best Bluetooth headsets recommendations:
- 3 noise-canceling microphones with Windsmart technology for crystal-clear conversations
- Intuitive headset that knows when you are wearing it, without having to press any buttons
- Announces caller ID
- Bluetooth and Multipoint technology for wirelessly pairing 2 devices
- Headset battery indicator on your iPhone or Android smartphone
- Vocalyst service app included
- 3 digital microphone system: Sennheiser Own-Voice-Detector, Speak Focus™ and Windsafe™
- Compatibility with mobile phones
- UC ooptimizedand Certified for Skype for Business
- Talk time: up to 10 hours
- CComfort-wearingstyles: padded ear hook and 4 ear sleeve sizes
- Voice control
- Intuitive on/off function with microphone boom arm
- Lightweight headset with Noise blackout and HD audio
- Voice Guidance and smartphone voice controls
- Up to six hours of talk-time
- Dedicated voice control button
- Comfortable and small design
- NFC for easy pairing
- Power nap feature
- Range of up to 30m
Bluetooth headsets for the office
In the office, you may still need to be on the move while taking calls. A Bluetooth headset is a great option because they allow you to be mobile and multi-task, helping you to increase your efficiency day-to-day. If you’re not sure which headset will be right for you, have a look at our recommendations:
- Professional 1-ear headset with a comfortable headband
- Exceptional Sennheiser sound quality
- Ultra-noise ccancelingtechnology and noise-dependent volume control
- Pairs with up to 2 mobiles simultaneously
- Charges via USB
- ActiveGard acoustic protection
- 15 hours of talk time
- Different settings for calls and music
- Comfort: two options for wearing
- Compatible with handset lifters and EHS cables for answering calls remotely
- Range: up to 100m
- Lightweight – weighs just 21g
- Noise-cancelling microphone
- Talk time: up to 7 hours
- SoundGuard for sound higher than 118dBA
- Range: 100m
- Binaural wireless headset
- Contemporary design and understated style
- Discreet foldable arm boom
- Connectivity: Bluetooth & USB-A Dongle
- Up to 27h battery life
- Microsoft Teams Certified Product
- Compatible with all softphones on the market
- Four microphones with active noise cancellation
- Great sound quality for calls and music
- Bluetooth connection for mobile phones and tablets
- USB Bluetooth dongle for connection on PC/Mac
- Busy light function
- Compatible with all softphones
- Bluetooth USB dongle for wireless connection to PC / Mac
- Optimized for Microsoft Skype For Business (Lync)
- Multipoint: Connect 2 devices at the same time
- Light function on each headset when in conversation
- 2 comfortable, semi-leather headphones isolators
- Up to 30 meters range without cable
- Compatible with all softphones on the market
Shop our full range of Bluetooth Headsets!
Still not sure if a Bluetooth Headset is right? Check the benefits of having a Bluetooth Headset
Download our headset buying guide for comprehensive information and FAQs.